Saturday, September 12, 2009

Chugging Along

James Page 5k Blubber Run
Laura, this won't be the last time you are embarrassed of Dad!

This was my second attempt to run an organized race this year. As you may recall, I had to pull out of the Minnetonka Half Marathon due to injury. This morning I was able to run and finish without injury. Yeay!





The Blubber Run is more of a fun run than a competitive race. Sure, some are there to win. But this race inspires people to get together to have fun, dress in funny costumes, sprinkle in a 3 mile run, drink James Page beer at mile marker 2, listen to a live band, and drink more beer.




This morning was very humid and warm, unlike most September days. As you can see, I dressed up in a beer costume that I purchased 5 years ago and never thought I would wear again. I had two companions on this journey, Jeremy and Lindsay Ginter, who ran by my side throughout the race. We ran well, I had three little hiccups (calf cramps) along the way but they didn't slow us down too bad.

1 comment:

Grandma Barb said...

Congratulations, Mike!
Anyone running a 'beer race' dressed in a beer costume surely had to finish!!
Imagine if Laura was 13...
she may not have posed so cheerfully for photos!
Thanks for sharing -