The Tricks
1. Laura's latest trick - don't ask me how she does it: I stay up late to work on school stuff, cleaning, the internet, whatever. I crawl under the covers more than an hour past my usual bedtime, completely tired out. Laura promptly wakes up as soon as my head hits the pillow, fussing for a pacifier or a diaper change. Inevitably it takes about an hour to get her back to sleep. Last night she even upped the ante by reaching her arms out to me to be picked up and snuggled at 1 AM. I fell for it...sucker. This trick is never performed on nights when I go to bed early and/or on time, of course.

(Looks innocent but is contemplating evil sleep-stealing plans)
2. Another new trick is her arsenal of noises. She likes making fake coughs, and also takes loud huge gasping breaths that make it seem like she is choking. Both scare mom of course. Laura also likes it when someone puts a finger by her mouth and helps her make funny noises (see video in last entry). She's starting to jabber more at us, but nothing that sounds like actual words - just lots of "aaahh" sounds.
The Treats
1. She is so darn cute all the time. Tonight we figured out that she is ticklish under her armpits, and we can get raucous, squealing laughter by tickling her or nuzzling our noses in there.
2. Laura is finally showing signs of nice soft baby skin and scalp. She has been a crusty babe ever since birth what with the eczema and cradle cap and all. At her 6 month appointment, we finally got some prescription ointment that has made a huge difference. I can hardly stand all the softness and constantly am snuggling my face with hers.
1 comment:
Baby Laura should just come live with her Uncle Mike, because here's the deal: It's 1:29 AM right now and I'm wide awake. It's likely that I'll be awake until 3 or 4. Can Baby Laura keep up with that? Ich denke nicht!
Post a Comment