Last Saturday, Laura and I had the day to ourselves. We played. We didn't nap. We played some more. Not very exciting. What can I say, there's not a whole lot of fun stuff to do inside our house with a ten-month old during winter. Hopefully, warm breezes are on the horizon.
3pm. Light Bulb! I realized Laura hadn't taken a bath for a few days, maybe that would kill some time. Since I hadn't taken a shower, why not hop in and kill two birds with one stone. Mind you, this was our first tandem bath with Laura and most likely our last (for awhile.) I am not pointing fingers, but let's just say someone peed and it wasn't me.
On all FoursLate last week, Laura started to lift her knees and get on all fours. She didn't crawl or move while in this position but she did practice over-and-over, lifting herself up from knees to feet.
Standing in the CribYesterday, I walked into Laura's room only to see her standing up in her crib. First time she has gone from sitting to standing. This picture is a reenactment. If she is now able to lift herself up, who knows when she will try to nosedive off her crib's railing. Note to self: lower the mattress.
2 comments:
I remember what a surprise it was the first time you walked into the room and saw them standing in their crib!! A milestone, but not such a good one (you sort of hope they will forget how they did it so they can't repeat it for a while!) She has sure grown and learned so much in the past month hasn't she?
Such an amazing time!
Love, Grandma Barb
ps - a joint shower is a safer bet!
AWWW. Love reading these. Father B never fails to crack me up. Congrats to Laura on her new skillzzz.
Post a Comment