I saw my doctor yesterday morning. She checked me out and things seem to be fine with me in regards to any kind of preterm labor, and the baby's heartbeat was ok too. She too was puzzled with why I was having the contractions, etc. Her idea was maybe it was a virus that made me feel sick on Sunday and that brought on the contractions. At any rate, she gave me the ok to be up and about on my feet, but did not think it was a good idea to return to school just yet.
I will stay at home just doing my usual routine around here and see how that goes through Monday, and then Monday afternoon I return to the doctor again. I'm guessing at that point I'll be headed back to work. One of my friends pointed out it's like I'm getting two spring breaks! (Although this first one is not very fun or exciting). It feels good to be moving around more but I'm very tired. Yesterday just wiped me out and I get very breathless going from room to room and floor to floor in the house.
I'm personally thinking maybe you could chalk this whole adventure up to the old celebrity excuse "exhaustion" - except in this case exhaustion is not code for "drugs" or "overdose." It seems wimpy because plenty of pregnant women can manage working/kids/husband/house/errands/working out/etc. without needing a week long break, but in this case I must have been pushing myself too hard. And clearly trying to get by on 5 hours of sleep a night is not enough! Good thing B2 decided to let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment