FLASHBACK
Maybe mom will remember the specific date but I'm thinking it was sometime in early December.
Take away the obvious ultrasound and mom's expanding belly, the rush of "this is really happening" euphoria began the moment my hand felt our baby move.
I had been growing rather impatient for this "bundle 'o joy" to punch or kick. In our fetus developmental books, it states the partner should be able to feel "something" anytime from 22 - 25 weeks. Well, if I read 22 weeks, I am expecting 22 weeks.
Unfortunately, it didn't happen that way. The beginning of week 22, my hand was on mommy's tummy every night waiting to feel something. Weeks 22, 23 and 24 went by with NOTHING and the sense of concern hidden behind frustration slowly began to show.
On one particular night in week 25, mommy got into bed and without hesitation requested my hand. "Something feels different," she said with her voice becoming louder. She placed my hand on her belly and (BOOM!) a powerful kick pressed against my hand. I can't recall too many details after the initial kick, other than the tidal wave of relief and eagerly awaiting our baby's next movement.
UPDATE
After further review, the day I felt our baby move was Wednesday, December 17, 2008.
1 comment:
It will be SO great for you (and for your baby some day) to have a record of these momentous occasions!
Thanks for sharing your feelings of waiting, and the joy of that special moment.
Love,
Grandma Barb
Post a Comment