Friday, June 19, 2009

Swamp Poop

Look at her; isn't she sweet?! You wouldn't think she is capable of producing...swamp poop! This last week Laura has started pooping Oscar the Grouch-green slime. Ew. My books tell me this is an ok thing but it's sure not pretty!

Speaking of books, everyone who's around me frequently is probably sick of hearing me say, "Well, the books say..." I've tried to stay off the internet regarding babies and parenting, because I think it tends to make people a little neurotic, and I'm trying my hardest NOT to be a neurotic mom. Instead I read books so I know the "right" things to do. My favorite is called Baby 411. I think I probably read something from it every day in her first couple of months, but now I'm easing up and only have to consult it from time to time. It is a really good book, though - I would totally recommend it for new parents.

If you asked Laura right now what her greatest ambition in life is (and she could reply), I'm pretty sure she would tell you it's to fit her entire fist into her mouth. She works on this all the time. She's learned to hold onto her toys now, but it only lasts a little bit and then it's back to the hand in the mouth. I wish she would quit this and just be happy with a finger or two because it makes her gag. Also, I don't want this to be her party trick someday when she grows up! Dad and I are certainly enjoying Laura right now; talking and smiling are so adorable - we've even heard a little bit of laughing which is the greatest.

3 comments:

Lexi said...

"Also, I don't want this to be her party trick someday when she grows up!"

HAHAHAHHAHA but I DO!!! LOL.

Anyway, I think you're doing an absolutely terrific job of not being a Neurotic Mom. In fact, I'd say you're quite the opposite - Relaxed Mom. As someone who also operates on a high level of anxiety in normal life, you are my hero.

Daddy-o said...

Love her in the flowers! Super cute! Good work Mom!

LX said...

DUH and I just saw OX in that 2nd pic. LOVE IT.