Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Tree Tradition - Year Two

Annual Christmas Tree Hunting With Gooz!


Ok, the trees weren't this bad.
This year just Laura and I went to cut down a Christmas Tree. With Papa George now in Cleveland and Mom busy with Ryan, we took on this task together. We hopped in the van, made a quick stop at the bakery (no surprise) and then on to the tree farm in New Market.

Gotta admit the tree selection was weak. I'm not sure if the drought stunted growth or what, but darn near all the trees had serious flaws - except the one we found!

Flashback
Take a look at our experience last year and notice that Laura refused to have her picture taken. This year was way different as she DEMANDED to have her picture taken. In fact, after we loaded the tree on the van she said, "Dad, I want to go back and have a picture with the big Santa." Amazing if you ask me!

Sure, take a bit off the top!
I put our brand new tree in the stand at home and realized there was a huge gap between branches at the bottom. I walked away but came back because it just didn't look right. I pulled the tree out and carried it outside and proceeded to shorten the length of the tree. Needless to say, I took way too much off and it now looks like a dwarf tree. I guess this is karma for saying all the trees had flaws except ours.

This one will do.

"Ms. Laura, tear down that tree!"

No Papa George this year.

This Santa is not scary!

No comments: