Friday, January 9, 2009

I've _______ and I Can't Get Up!

Sorry if this is "blog overkill"...this page is going to have two people's worth of ideas to contend with! "Dad" was anxious for me to post again. I've been tossing a lot of ideas around - frankly, most pregnancy related issues that are on my mind right now are too gross for the blog and not good for polite discussion! I will save those for my doctor visit next week. Two things we can discuss:

1. The bellybutton. Slightly gross but blogable. I like "innie" bellybuttons. If you have an innie, it should stay innie!!! I really thought somehow I could avoid the pop-out, but it seems inescapable. Just the other night it was starting to get a little weird looking and I am afraid it's starting to flip itself inside out, although right now it mostly looks sort of flattish. What do people do about this? I'm thinking maybe I'll have to tape a band-aid or something over it so A) I don't have to see it, and B) it's not a weird little lump under my shirt.

2. My maneuverability is decreasing rapidly, hence the title of this post. Socks are getting hard to put on, one of my friends at school was greatly amused watching the very slow process of me trying to bend down to pick something up, and when I sit down on the floor to do things, Baby B's dad has to pull me up. Rolling from one side to the other when I'm in bed is a production. The newest disappointment came two nights ago - I am a huge fan of the "pre-sleep" nap on the floor in front of the tv at night, clearly something inherited from my dad. The nap was great, but when I woke up, I could hardly get myself up from the floor, and something had gone numb in my foot from pressure on some spot in my back. Rrrgh...so much for that...I've moved to the couch for napping now BUT it is far less superior to the floor naps.

Nevertheless, things are going fine. It's been a pretty entertaining week because the baby has been very active, which is both fun and reassuring. Stay tuned for new updates soon - "Dad" has a great new video idea, and we are attending our first "baby class" this Sunday, which I'm sure will provoke another posting no doubt!

3 comments:

Baby B's Mom said...

Self-analysis of posting:
1. You used too many "quotations." Work on this.

2. You are long-winded and detailed in explanations when you teach at school; clearly this carries over to your blogging. Shorter entry next time.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I loved this entry but the best part by far came at the end when you posted a self-analyzing comment. I <3 it.

Anyway, I am definitely looking forward to more video posts. As for the belly button, I'll be sure to wear midriff-baring outfits in front of you from now on since I have a nasty OUTIE. HA HA HA.

"Presleep nap in front of the tv" this must just be a Mason thing, although we stick to couches on our end. Awesome.

Good luck with those socks!

Anonymous said...

I am a bit behind...didn't even hear about you going to class on Sunday!! I enjoyed both posts - and I didn't think yours was too long (but I did get a kick out of the self-analysis!)
Is there some way to get an email each time you post something (like the Caring Bridge announcements?)
Otherwise I'll just try to check daily, lest I miss something!
Love you both,
Grandma Barb